It is the Mission of Sports & Arts to help develop the whole child. We believe it is equally important for students to excel not only academically but creatively and athletically. Students who participate in sports release powerful endorphins that help them regulate mood and ward off anxiety and feelings of depression. Physical activity also helps to reduce the risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Regular exercise has been proven to:
- Reduce stress
- Boost self-esteem
- Improve sleep
- Builds self-esteem, self-respect and dignity.
- Provides social interaction with peers and adults.
- Helps develop talents.
- Teaches sportsmanship and how to control emotions.
- Teaches teamwork.
- Shows kids how to play within the rules.
At Sports & Arts we also understand that although children love to play, run and move they may not want to participate in organized sports and their interests lean towards the Arts. Our Painting, Drawing and Dance programs increase students:
- Improved Academic Performance.
- Motor Skills
- Visual Learning
- Decision Making